Mold removal, abatement . . . protection
There are many types of molds which present various health risk depending on the individual and type of mold. In general, the CDC does not recommend testing for the type of mold but rather recommends eliminating the mold.
According to the CDC, some people are sensitive to molds. For these people, exposure to molds can lead to symptoms such as:
- stuffy nose
- red or itchy eyes, or skin.
Some people, such as those with allergies to molds or with asthma, may have more intense reactions. Severe reactions may occur among workers exposed to large amounts of molds in occupational settings, such as farmers working around moldy hay. Severe reactions may include fever and shortness of breath.
People with a weakened immune system, such as people receiving treatment for cancer, people who have had an organ or stem cell transplant, and people taking medicines that suppress the immune system, are more likely to get mold infections.
Exposure to mold or dampness may also lead to development of asthma in some individuals. Interventions that improve housing conditions can reduce morbidity from asthma and respiratory allergies.
Blucities takes a tailored and holistic approach to the elimination and ongoing reduction of mold. Our approach looks at the source of mold, ease and cost of eliminating and potential for mold returning.
- To kill active mold in the air and on all surfaces, we utilize our disinfecting, gassing system based on chlorine dioxide. This will kill all mold and mold spores.
- When targeting specific, observed mold growth, we apply best-in-class EPA certified solutions and sprays to target specific mold sites and,
- We also apply solutions from Prevasive that guarantee no new mold growth. In some cases, for many years depending on the surface.
- Finally, we can install vapor barriers in crawl spaces and / or dehumidifiers to reduce the humid conditions in which mold grows.
Other considerations. In some cases (i.e. when a home has been damaged by storms or floods), full home remediation is required. This often involves replacing dry-wall and insulation. Blucities works with general contractors and insurance companies on these project.
Treating mold requires the applicator to wear full PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) and temporary ventilation handlers. While these products are safe once applied, these products should not be applied or used by people without proper safety precautions and experience.
Home owner, Nashville, TN
“Blucities removed all of my mold in the crawl space, showed up when they said they would, and installed a vapor barrier to keep moisture and mold from returning.”
Check out our Facebook page for updated photos and customer comments.